Linux shared libraries - I'm confused

Daniel Truemper daniel-truemper at gmx.de
Fri Aug 17 03:47:10 PDT 2007

Gregor Richards wrote:
> *snaps*, late by a minute ;)
Thanks anyways! But I now have another question:

I just built my library as a shared library, which is working; I'm
getting all the so files and links. The I install the library (dsss
install) and create a small test app that should include my library.
When I build this app, I am getting a ld error:

/usr/bin/ld: tmTest: hidden symbol `stat' in
/usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a(stat.oS) is referenced by DSO
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any idea what happend?

cheers,
Daniel
--
"All work but no play makes Jack a dull boy"