Fibers and inp()/outp() in Tango

Ingo Oeser ioe-news at rameria.de
Fri Aug 17 04:52:44 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
> The timings I recall were mentioned in an IRC conversation about the
> performance of his coroutines over a similar test program implemented
> with threads.  I would guess the tests were run on Windows, but couldn't
> tell you the numbers offhand.

Hmm, so that stuff was implemented without proper (performance)
analysis on whether it is really beneficial and just for the hack of it :-)

Ok, here is a link to someone who did more analysis with that kind of stuff
and documented some pitfalls with it.

http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/old/?section=projects&item=threading

He did it under Linux.

BTW: I see Unix signal handling is widely ignored in tango, is that true?
        I can imagine why.

Best Regards

Ingo Oeser