Performance is not everything

Tristam MacDonald swiftcoder at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:33:08 PDT 2007

In general, Sisal is no longer-winded than C. However, it isn't a C like
language, though trivial examples show some similarities. It is a
functional language, and one based on mathematical process (perhaps most
similar to Erlang), and while more advanced than the C-family in
expressiveness, correctness and parallelism, C programmers seem to have
a lot of trouble transitioning to these sorts of languages (hell, even
Scheme seems to be a stretch for many).