Fixing D's Properties

Deewiant deewiant.doesnotlike.spam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 10:13:57 PDT 2007

Chad J wrote:
> Properties are a blemish of the D language.  In the first part of this
> post, I'll explain why and try to show how these properties are /not/
> good or even better than properties in other languages.  Then I'll
> suggest some possible solutions.  I don't care if the solutions I
> suggest are used, but I will be very thankful if this gets fixed somehow.

Great that you took the time to go through it properly.

I agree that all the issues you mentioned need to be fixed somehow.

C# uses the "property" keyword IIRC, and even though adding new keywords is a
big no-no I find this worth considering. Who uses "property" as an identifier
name anyway?

--
Remove ".doesnotlike.spam" from the mail address.