Stroustrup's talk on C++0x

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Sun Aug 19 18:50:03 PDT 2007

Saaa wrote:
> D programming people who don't understand torrents...

:-).  I think it's a firewall issue.  I read the troubleshooting infos
that come with a couple of bittorrent clients, and they all point to
firewalls as the problem.  One bittorrent client actually managed to
cause all networking on my machine to shut down whenever I tried to turn
it on.  There's probably some way to get it working but... no thanks.
Wake me up when there's a client that works as seamlessly as Skype.  And
no, I'm not going to install a whole browser just to try out its
bittorrent client.

> btw. here pausing wasn't necessary here

Ok.  Well, it's probably just slow because over here because I've got to
pull it over the trans-pacific pipes.

--bb