Stroustrup's talk on C++0x

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 22:39:19 PDT 2007

Saaa wrote:
>>> D programming people who don't understand torrents...
>> :-).  I think it's a firewall issue.  I read the troubleshooting infos
>> that come with a couple of bittorrent clients, and they all point to
>> firewalls as the problem.  One bittorrent client actually managed to cause
>> all networking on my machine to shut down whenever I tried to turn it on.
>> There's probably some way to get it working but... no thanks. Wake me up
>> when there's a client that works as seamlessly as Skype.  And no, I'm not
>> going to install a whole browser just to try out its bittorrent client.
>
> I somehow doubt this will ever happen :D
> http://www.heise-security.co.uk/articles/82481
>
> I can only recommend utorrent and tell you its probably not your software
> but hardware firewall which needs tinkling.
> I had to forward a port, but if I understand it correctly: newer routers
> with upnp will work without any hassle.

Am I the only person who actually uses... BitTorrent, as my BitTorrent client?  :)
http://www.bittorrent.com/download

I haven't had any issues with it, though that doesn't mean no one will.  Azureus/2.x is
good too... the new version is an abomination.  (In My Humble Opinion)

-- Chris Nicholson-Sauls