Private classes?

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Tue Aug 21 04:47:01 PDT 2007

Ary Manzana wrote:
> Regan Heath escribió:
>> Nathan Reed wrote:
>> AFAIK you cannot apply 'private' to a class.
>
> Is this because it's not implemented in DMD, or because you can't
> effectively hide a class from a module? It seems like a bug to me.

There were 2 modules involved so it's not related to 'private' having no
effect within a module.

I think 'private class' is simply un-implemented and should result in an
error until such time as it is implemented.

I suspect the default compiler behaviour is to simply ignore meaningless
keywords, perhaps to aid in generic programming/templates.

Not sure.

Regan