Can dmd compile with my own runtime library?

Huang F Guan gdxxhg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 10:36:16 PDT 2007

Frits van Bommel Wrote:
> For me it's mostly hobby so I'd kind of like to figure stuff out myself.
> (also, you seem to be using Windows (judging by the prompt with your GDC
> error message and the fact the error message indicates GDC/Mingw) but my
> OS currently requires DMD/Linux to work, and I rather like ELF)
>
> However if you post on the osdev.org forums I might be one of those who
> answer.

Haha, have you ever answered my topics?

I am very grateful to you that you have help me solve many of my puzzles. Thanks very much :)

Now I'm ready to write another os using GCC(asm & c & d language). It's a microkernel and will support pe and elf executable programs. Of course it can run linux and win32 programs.

I want to use D language because I like the code style and the easy way to implement functions so the kernel can be extended easily. D code is nice!