[OT] Google techtalk on LLVM 2.0 and cfront

Deewiant deewiant.doesnotlike.spam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 00:26:44 PDT 2007

Stephen Waits wrote:
> Deewiant wrote:
>> I watched the talk, was inspired, and about an hour later began to write a
>> D frontend for LLVM, in D. <g>. I'm basing it on the clang source but I'm
>> writing
>
> Tomas Lindquis Olsen has mentioned that he's working on this.  Check out the
> LLVM thread over in D.gnu entitled "D + LLVM?".

I know. The difference is that he's using the DMD frontend whereas I'm writing
one from scratch.

The idea is that if I don't (read: since I won't) get to the codegen phase any
time soon, it should at least be usable as a "lint"-like tool for D, providing
better diagnostics than DMD. Probably also metadata for other tools like IDEs,
as was mentioned in the talk.

--
Remove ".doesnotlike.spam" from the mail address.