inp/outp

0ffh spam at frankhirsch.net
Sun Aug 26 12:59:08 PDT 2007

Ingo Oeser wrote:
> Because every D compiler HAS to implement it for every architecture.

I concur with Lutger on this:
IIRC intrinsics are a compiler thing, not a language thing.
They are routinely used for compiler-specific stuff, I take that as a hint.

> Making inline assembly better [...] is the more useful goal. [...]
> This will reduce X86ism in D. DMD can learn A LOT from GCC in that area.

Ach, blast! I don't care to fight any more over this... come macros I don't
even need inlineable functions anymore!

                ALL HAIL WALTER AND HIS AST MACROS! :-)))

They might be just the kick ass feature to kick off the final take off...

Regards, frank