DS3

David B. Held dheld at codelogicconsulting.com
Sun Aug 26 21:19:02 PDT 2007

So I d/led and installed DS3, ran over to my favorite D project, and
typed 'dsss build' to see what would happen.  It tried compiling
everything in the directory and gave me a lot of warnings about no
module declaration; so I thought that was handy, fixed it, and tried it
again.  This time, rebuild tells me I'm an idiot and I haven't invoked
it correctly, and gives me the help page for rebuild.  Well, I guess
that's ok, but I don't really want to have to know that DS3 is built on
top of rebuild, because I couldn't feed it the right arguments anyway.

It seems to me that in this case, DS3 should tell me something like:
"Hey you moron, I couldn't find a config file so I don't know how to
build your project."  That's actually what I was hoping and expecting to
see, so how likely is it we can get this kind of idiot-proofing added?
I suspect it may help the adoption rate a little if the tool gives hints
to impatient people who don't like to RTFM, and it will make it look
just a little more polished.  Thanks.

Dave