So, what happened?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Aug 27 13:33:04 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Mike Parker wrote:
>> nobody wrote:
>>> Anyone care to elaborate what happened during the conference with the
>>> much anticipated merge of Tango and Phobos?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> I think you have read too much into the situation. The point was that
>> they were going to /discuss/ a merger. It's safe to say that this is
>> an issue that will not be resolved very quickly and that there will be
>> an ongoing dialogue.
>
> What Mike said ^^.  I think we all agreed that the current situation
> isn't ideal and that we'd like to rectify it.

Didn't we already all agree on that before the conference?

 > However, there are some
 > technical and workflow issues to address, at the very least.
> I suppose
> we could have hashed out more of the details at the conference, but I
> feel it would have been inappropriate to monopolize Walter's time in
> such a manner.

Given that this is the one thing a lot of people were hoping would come
out as a result of the conference, I can hardly think of a more
constructive use for Walter's conference time.  I think it would have
been ok for you and the Tango team to monopolize a little more.  :-)

 From this end, unfortunately the responses are sounding a lot like a
nice way of saying "nothing happened and nothing is going to happen any
time soon". :-(

--bb