So, what happened?

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Mon Aug 27 14:13:49 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Sean Kelly wrote:
>
>> However, there are some
>> technical and workflow issues to address, at the very least.
>> I suppose we could have hashed out more of the details at the
>> conference, but I feel it would have been inappropriate to monopolize
>> Walter's time in such a manner.
>
> Given that this is the one thing a lot of people were hoping would come
> out as a result of the conference, I can hardly think of a more
> constructive use for Walter's conference time.  I think it would have
> been ok for you and the Tango team to monopolize a little more.  :-)

Scheduling was a bit tight Thursday and Friday and I really didn't want
to feel that we were depriving the other attendees face time with
Walter.  As it is, our chat kept us away from much of Bartosz's talk,
and it's one that I very much wanted to hear in its entirety.

> From this end, unfortunately the responses are sounding a lot like a
> nice way of saying "nothing happened and nothing is going to happen any
> time soon". :-(

We should be able to sort out the rest via email and such.  And if that
turns out not to be possible, I don't live terribly far from Seattle and
wouldn't mind visiting the city again anyway (Kris either, I imagine).
So please be patient.  I have a raft of Tango tickets I'd been ignoring
while preparing for the conference as well as a number of personal
commitments over the next few weeks, so some delay doesn't mean that no
progress is being made or that the merge will never happen.  Rather, the
bills need to be paid, etc.  This is the best I can do at the moment
unless someone wants to put me on retainer for writing D code ;-)

Sean