Win32 headers: Problem with COM interface indirection levels

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 16:13:59 PDT 2007

"Michael Butscher" <mbutscher at gmx.de> wrote in message
news:MPG.212522dc134a28d69896a8 at news.digitalmars.com...
<snip>
> This might be an indication that this part of the headers is currently
> not used widely (maybe by some people changing their copy of the
> headers privately). But the published version definitely can't work.

Which headers - std.c.windows or my project?

And if people are creating private forks of my project, why?  True, it's PD,
so who's to stop them, but what's to gain by doing this instead of
contributing to the project?

<snip>
> I found out in the meantime that some headers (namely "d3d9.d") were
> modified already in a similar way, but it was not documented in the
> translation instructions.

The D3D9 headers have been completely retranslated from M$'s own headers by
somebody who missed the point.  Is MinGW 3.9 as up to date as this?  I've
just deassigned these modules - would somebody like to redo them from MinGW
3.9?

<snip>
>> Also, maybe this question is better suited in the Bindings project
>> Dsource forum?
>
> You are right. I only found forums a bit impractical, but that's not a
> good argument.

And I don't tend to read the Dsource forums....

Stewart.