DTL?

David B. Held dheld at codelogicconsulting.com
Mon Aug 27 21:13:26 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Sean Kelly wrote:
>> [...]
>> There is no reason that such a library would need to depend on either
>> Phobos or Tango, aside from its possible inclusion in either or both.
>
> I agree that it would be possible to make it independent of runtime, but
> it's also easy to think of small things that might thwart that.  Like
> 1) toString
> 2) different std library exception hierarchies
> 3) use of low level library functionality like std.string.format.

Those are good points, but I'm not sure that the containers will
natively provide an interesting toString() or need to use something like
std.string.format (but I'd be interested to here places where you think
that is necessary).  The exception hierarchy is an interesting point,
but it's possible that DTL will get its own hierarchy, for better or
worse.  Andrei has indeed done some work on it, but he has lots of
things to keep him busy, as you can imagine.

Dave