DSSS and multiple intermingled environments

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Tue Aug 28 11:52:15 PDT 2007

BCS wrote:
> Reply to Gregor,
>
>> BCS wrote:
>>
>>> Reply to Gregor,

>>> this question

>>> Cool, what would it take to set up my own list server? If it is easy,
>>> It would let me play with DSSS locally. (My main dev system has, by
>>> design, no net access)

>> In docs/README.technical, read the section on 'net installation'. It
>> may or may not be sufficient (nobody has ever really used it as a
>> reference :) ), so suggestions for improvements would be appreciated.
>>
>> - Gregor Richards
>>

> So If I generate the listed files and stuff them on an HTTP server, I
> can get dsss to play with it?
> How is the pkgs.list file generated? Do you have any tools for making
> life easy for someone trying to set up a system?

As mentioned in the last section of that file, pkgs.list is generated by
pkgslist.d. I suppose I should mention in there that the file pkgslist.d
is at
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsss/sources/pkgslist.d (which is in the
default sources archive). Mayhaps that should move somewhere a bit more
accessible too ...

Oh, right, answering the question (will get step documented better
later). Within the directory with your sources.list, run pkgslist. It
will download all the sources, trace imports, and create pkgs.list.

  - Gregor Richards