Round-up of the recent WindowsAPI discussions from when I wasn't looking

jcc7 technocrat7 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:34:43 PDT 2007

Sorry, I would have replied to this "Round-up" instead of in the old "Problem with
COM ..." thread, but I saw the older message first (and I didn't realize that a
"Round-up" thread was available).

My reply in the old thread:
http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D&artnum=57488

I've also embedded a few more comments below...

== Quote from Stewart Gordon (smjg_1998 at yahoo.com)'s article
> I was away for a week or two recently, so it's no wonder I didn't catch some
> of the discussion while it was actually happening.  Some of it was also
> where I don't tend to look: the Dsource forums.

<...snip...>

> At the moment, the Wiki4D page
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?WindowsAPI
> is the official one.  There have been suggestions to migrate it to the
> Dsource Bindings wiki; I'll probably have a go at doing this over the next
> few days.

I think that's a good idea. In fact, I already replied to one of your earlier
messages recommended this. ;)

> This would also be a good time to split it up as has also been
> suggested.  The wiki would become the sole home of the translation
> instructions, rather than having it duplicated in the readme.txt file.
> One question remains: What should we do with all the old discussion from the
> current wiki page?

You could just cram it into a "Discussion" page in the dsource Trac wiki. And then
you could delete the least relevant parts of the discussion over time.