class extensions

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 18:07:00 PDT 2007

kris wrote:

> Yeah, the proposed extensions raised all kinds of red flags for me at
> the conference.
>
> Bluntly, it felt like the notion of "structured programming" was being
> tossed out in favor of "slapdash programming" ... a brand new paradigm
> to go along with the other(s) being adopted :)

What are the objections to this? Are there technical pitfalls?

I liked to idea very much. It gives a flexible way of object-oriented /
object-based programming similar to how I often see it implemented in C.
Plus one can achieve a very nice syntactic sugar for call chaining,
which is a great benefit I think. I thought this syntax for arrays is
generally appreciated, so why not extend it for other types?