Stroustrup's talk on C++0x

eao197 eao197 at intervale.ru
Wed Aug 29 22:58:03 PDT 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:15:26 +0400, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> eao197 wrote:
>> Unfortunately I see to D's evolution, perhabs, from 2002 or 2003 year.
>> It looks as D have never been a stable language.
>

> I don't know any language in wide use that is stable (i.e. not
> changing). A stable language is a dead language.

I mean changes in languages which break compatibility with previous code.
AFAIK, successful languages always had some periods (usually 2-3 years,
sometimes more) when there were no additions to language and new major
version didn't break existing code (for example: Java, C#, Ruby, Python,
even C++ sometimes).

--
Regards,
Yauheni Akhotnikau