unittest

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Sat Dec 1 12:31:35 PST 2007

Given the dual use of "invariant" in D 2.0, I was thinking it might be
useful to do the something similar with "unittest".  Make it equivalent
to "version(unittest)" and be enabled when -unittest was specified
during compilation.  This seems a rather natural extension of the
keyword and the semantics would be nearly identical to how "invariant"
works right now:

unittest int x; // single declaration enabled on -unittest
unittest int fn() {} // function compiled on -unittest

unittest // everything in the block compiled on -unittest
{
     import std.stdio;
     int y;
     void f2() {}
}

unittest() // unit test function, similar to invariant()
{
     writefln( "hello" );
}

As an added bonus, this would regain consistency with the invariant
function, which has been bugging me since its adoption for use with const.

Sean