URL consistency for D 2.0 website.

jcc7 technocrat7 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:26:27 PST 2007

== Quote from Alexander Panek (alexander.panek at brainsware.org)'s article
> On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 00:37:58 -0300
> Leandro Lucarella <llucax at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there any chance D website get a consistent URL scheme for
> > version 2.0?
>
> No. :(
>
> > So, it would be great if I can access to any fixed D version
> > specification/changelog by using the URL scheme:
> > http://www.digitalmars.com/d/[version]/
> >
> > and leaving http://www.digitalmars.com/d/ for the latest version
> > (as usual).
> I've already pointed it out before - good time to it again, since
> nothing has changed: I don't see a reason why the experimental
> version of D is on the frontpage. This makes no sense at all! Please
> change this, Walter.

I still think it's a no-brainer to have the D 1.x spec be the "default"
specification until D 2.x is called "stable" (an event which is probably still
many months away). At the very minimum, the D 2.x spec should be marked as "draft"
or "experimental" or something like that.

I don't know how hard it would be for Walter to change the links to make D 1.x
default, but I wouldn't guess that it would be that hard. I'd be nice if he'd at
least reply to this thread or the last one
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=60812
to let us know why we're wrong. I think that a good number of us are in agreement
on this issue (even though D isn't a democracy).