Lower than C?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Dec 5 10:25:54 PST 2007

You have have read this already, but I have found it interesting:
http://my.opera.com/Vorlath/blog/2007/10/07/wasted-power

They show me why D may enjoy gaining some things at a level even lower than C, to allow it to use the modern CPUs better.
There one comment by spc476 reminds me that D can actually have vector ops too someday ;-)
I think it may exist a language that is both safe enough and allows to give hints to the compiler with a nice syntax to allow some of the optimizations that article discusses a lot about.

Bye,
bearophile