The tailconst problem (and suggestions for solution)

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Fri Dec 7 07:12:01 PST 2007

> I'd like to accumulate more experience with const to see if there is a
> pressing need to solve this problem, otherwise we risk throwing in complex
> solutions for non-issues.

Thank you for that good explanation.  I know it must be frustrating going
over this stuff again and again with us mortals. What I don't understand is
why.

const(C) c;

Means that the reference is constant.  It would be more intuitive (to me) if
it meant that the instance was constant.  Was it decided that it is more
important to have constant references than constant instances?

-Craig