The problem with const proposals

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Fri Dec 7 08:31:43 PST 2007

Not a single person on this board (and I mean NO ONE) has a grasp over
everything that one can reasonably expect const to do. What we need to
do is construct a complete list of features that the const system ought
to have, so that any const proposal can be checked against the "good
clean const fun" checklist. Instead, what we have is suggestion after
suggestion, each with good points but each with fundamental flaws. We're
never going to get anywhere like this because nobody knows what everyone
needs.

Disclaimer: It is of course impossible to make a list that makes
everyone happy. C'est la vie.

  - Gregor Richards