Manifest constants - why not 'alias' ?

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 7 09:54:36 PST 2007

On 12/7/07, Leandro Lucarella <llucax at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's the worst reason ever! There are so many things we already use that
> sucks...

Yep, I agree with everyone. Especially with the above comment. I will
certainly /stop/ writing enum { x=3 } if a more intuitive way comes
along.

So there you have it, Walter: Unanimous support on this newsgroup
(...is that unprecedented?...) for NOT using enum as a storage class
to define compile-time constants.

We all seem to be cool with the concept, just not with the word
"enum". My fave is "final", but I'd be happy with any of the other
alternatives that have been suggested so far.