...Or just rename enum

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 8 02:10:49 PST 2007

On 12/8/07, Bill Baxter <dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote:
> Thoughts?

I'd want to keep the ability to make new types. I grant you that D's
enums aren't proper enums, but they still let me pretend that they
are:

    enum MyType { /*...*/ }

    MyType x;

My preference would be leave enums as-is, although perhaps it would be
nice to forbid overlapping values (e.g. enum { x=3, y=3 }), and also
to forbid enums which have fewer than two entries (thereby forcing
people /not/ to use them for manifest constants).

...and to come up with a different syntax for manifest constants.

If Walter doesn't like final, alias, macro, define or let, how about "manifest"?