Walter's second axiom

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 8 11:50:48 PST 2007

On 12/8/07, Walter Bright <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> 1) D can be lexed with no syntactic information
> 2) D can be parsed with no semantic information
> 3) Modules can be imported in any order without affecting their meaning
> 4) The meaning of imported declarations is not affected by the context
> of where they are imported

Oh dear - now you've gone and renumbered them! How can we refer to them now? :-)

It occurs to me that the second axiom (...that's using the old
numbering...) could in time render the keyword "typedef" irrelevant.
That is,

    struct S : T {}

could replace

    typedef T S;

Of course, I'm being extremely optimistic here in assuming the struct
syntax above will ever be part of D! :-)