Any word on the return-type const syntax?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 10:15:58 PST 2007

"Janice Caron" <caron800 at googlemail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.285.1197189662.2338.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On 12/9/07, Robert Fraser <fraserofthenight at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Agreed, I really like this idea.
>
> Also, you wouldn't really have to invent a new keyword! Neither
> "constness" nor "constancy" is needed, because we could instead maybe
> do (const : K) or something. Maybe even (const K) would work?

(const : K) - confusing.  Looks too much like a specialization.

(const K) - possibly ambiguous, and even if not, still confusing.  Looks
like it means 'an arbitrary type K, modified to be const'.

Stewart.

--
My e-mail address is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies
on the 'group where everybody may benefit.