The exe generated by dmd unable pass Malware scan

David Wilson dw at botanicus.net
Tue Dec 11 06:56:46 PST 2007

On 12/11/07, Eric Suen <eric.suen.tech at gmail.com> wrote:

> crow over can make D language popular, do you means to using D language
> I have to learn analysis asm first, then do what you so called "had a
> 5-byte binary diff to cure the behaviour"? I'm just a Java programmer
> want port my java program to D.
>
> Anyway, will the next version DMD fix this problem? or I have to learn ASM now?

You could isolate the offending segment in the file by a simple
mutation method, say, changing one byte at a time until the offending
scanner does not detect the virus. This implies downloading the
scanner and running at 150,000+ times (or however many bytes are in
the typical minimal D executable).

You could also take a more random approach, changing small but random
sets of bytes in the file until one iteration doesn't set the scanner
off. At that point, you have a small set of regions in the file to
manually scan. At that point, someone here on the newsgroup might be
able to help provide a simple fix for your problem, if you are willing
to isolate the region of the binary that is causing it.

I currently have no Windows installation at all, but once you have the
hex addresses involved, it should be simple enough to trace it back to
either standard library code, or a small chunk of code that might be
patched to provide similar behaviour without matching the offending
pattern.

David.