The exe generated by dmd unable pass Malware scan

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:04:01 PST 2007

Robert Fraser wrote:
> David Wilson wrote:
>> (I'd
>> suggest Symantec if they insist on using something as 20th century as
>> a virus scanner)
>
> I don't have much idea of what I'm talking about, but I can say that
> a) Symantec products are generally considered terrible
> b) Virus scanners are very useful in th modern world; when did they ever
> stop being so?
> c) This stuff matters to clients, whom are more likely to trust a virus
> scanner than a software developer.

I can't argue with your first point, however, regarding the second
point: for people who use a (more) secure computer environment a virus
scanner is indeed something from the 20th century. like the saying goes
- "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

simply put in terms of secure systems: bsd variants >= linux >> windows.
and from what David wrote in his post he doesn't have a windows
installation.

I for one await the truly secure systems of the future (which can be
proven to be secure). take a look at coyotos.org for such an effort.

--Yigal