The exe generated by dmd unable pass Malware scan

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:29:53 PST 2007

Alexander Panek wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:35:47 -0800
> Robert Fraser <fraserofthenight at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> b) Virus scanners are very useful in th modern world; when did they
>> ever stop being so?
>
> Even though it is out of context: I  haven't ever found a need for a
> "virus" scanner (the word virus in this context is hilarious) apart
> from the time where I was searching for cracks for games using IE 5 on
> Windows 98 when I was a kid.
>
> Point being: don't use malware or software that enables malware by
> default. Then you also don't need resource-sucking software like
> virus/malware scanners.

I agree that for users like us, malware scanners aren't too useful.
However, there are a lot of people out there who would still open that
mysterious attachment called "that document you requested.exe", which
still makes a scanner useful both for ens users and for system
administrators as a first line of defense.