GC does not delete subclass

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Tue Dec 18 11:45:49 PST 2007

Matthias Thurau wrote:
> "If the objects are no longer referenced, the GC will destroy those also."
>
> Thats exact the case: In my example the GC isn t destroying that unreferenced member.

Technically, it is.  It's just not destroying it in the collection
immediately following the object's allocation, which isn't guaranteed
anyway.  As I said previously, it's likely that a register still holds
the address of this object when the allocation is triggered, because
basically nothing happens between the object's construction and the
collection.  In a real application, such things are unlikely occur.

Sean