Compiling to Heap for CTFE

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yeah.who.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 12:48:22 PST 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:33:18 -0000, Jarrett Billingsley
<kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Don Clugston" <dac at nospam.com.au> wrote in message
> news:fk8083$1cgb$1 at digitalmars.com...
>
>> The real problem is that DMD doesn't seem to release CTFE memory
>> properly.
>
> Now, if only we had a D frontend written in D, then this wouldn't be a
> problem.  Hmm...

I  thought several people were already working on this. Though it might be
nice
to see a gcc style self bootstraping monster too.
   stage 1 - lowest common denominator = C - basic D compiler
   stage 2 - compile D version of D compiler using itself
   stage 3 - recompile D compiler using stage 2 compiler for more
optimisation.