DUAL FEATURE REQUEST: let "with" take a struct pointer and evaluate to its parameter

downs default_357-line at yahoo.de
Thu Dec 20 07:31:56 PST 2007

The first part of the feature request is to allow "with" to take a pointer to a struct as a parameter.

This is for the sake of internal consistency; since you can already call
methods on a struct pointer as if it was dereferenced, it makes sense to
also be able to use "with" on it.

The second one arises from the following really cute idea ge0rg had in #d. Quote

> > <Ge0rG> so you want 'auto foo = with(new myStruct) { bar = 23; baz = 42; ... }'?

Things this breaks:
 * None; as usual with my feature requests, it only affects behavior that is currently illegal.

What do you think?
 --downs