The economics of D

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 07:10:12 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Dan wrote:
>> Sean Kelly Wrote:

>>> Frankly, it's a topic we never broached with Walter.  We've simply
>>> been trying to keep the inclusion of Digital Mars stuff to a minimum
>>> as an act of good faith.
>>
>> Walter,make it gnu if u pass on.  i dont trust anyone in particular to
>> carry the torch.
>
> (channeling Walter)
> "It is gnu already.  GDC."
>
> --bb

Hmm... is it?  I thought that it wasn't unless all copyright is passed
to  GNU... that was the main issue of why GNU will not include it in
GCC.  They won't accept the code, and maintain it, unless they own all
rights to it. And Walter wasn't willing (understandably) to relinquish
all rights to them.  GDC is developed independently of GNU.

-JJR