3D Math Data structures/SIMD

Saaa empty at needmail.com
Sat Dec 22 12:54:59 PST 2007

>So you probably don't know much about maths? It is mathematical as long as
>you define it correctly. But I'll do it just for you:

> I call ad hominem on that one!
>
> For the record, I have a degree in pure mathematics. Now, before this
> line of enquiry proceeds any further, I request that in future you
> attack the argment, not the person! Attacking the person is
> unneccessary, irrelevant, and causes flame wars.

I won't call it a argument at all, just an observation(of which he isn't
quite sure hence the questionmark).
The argument comes right after it. Making an abservation about the other
party isn't that bad, it helps in
understanding the others line of thought.
An ad hominem replacement would be:
You are wrong because you don't know much about math!

But I do have to say that the last sentence is a bit condescending, which is
unnecessary.