The future of foreach| arbitrary number of arrays version

downs default_357-line at yahoo.de
Sun Dec 23 07:47:32 PST 2007

bearophile wrote:
> downs Wrote:
>> Finally. This took entirely too long.
>
> I am developing a large functional lib too ;-) I'll add something like this too (I already have two zip-like thingies there, but they aren't lazy).

Yay! :D More functional for D is always good.
I think the problem is that arbitrary lazy zip over foreachable things requires the use of Stackthreads or similar to work, which adds a speed hit.

> This is my first try at a solution, but it has a bug still, the index i gives problems still (in your original 2-element solution too, I think). If you want you can fix the problem.
>
> [snip lots of code]

Ugh.
Thanks for making me experience what other people feel when they read my code ..
Just kidding. Good work, even though I don't fully understand it yet :D
BTW, metastrings looks seriously cute. I'll have to learn that.

 --downs