The future of foreach

Paul Anderson paul.d.removethis.anderson at comcast.andthis.net
Thu Dec 27 16:34:51 PST 2007

BCS Wrote:

> Reply to Paul,
>
> > BCS Wrote:
> >
> >> *) what is the plural of "opApply"; "opApplies" or "opApplys"?
> >>
> > Technically, the plural would be "opApply operations".
> >
> > Paul
> >

> no, going that way it would be opApply functions or methods, or maybe calls.
> But I think there is only one operation.

You're right, of course. I was only trying to make the point that for some nouns (usually names) it is difficult to form plurals. They are invariant --

Wait! that's it! Instead of "const" or "manifest" or "pure" or "final" we can call manifest constants "non-pluralizable"! It's so simple! Why didn't anyone think of this before!

Paul