Hmm - about manifest/enum

Mike vertex at gmx.at
Sat Dec 29 06:19:51 PST 2007

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:16:32 +0100, 0ffh
<frank at youknow.what.todo.interNETz> wrote:

> Mike wrote:
>> Seems like we're running in circles again.
>  > [...]
>
> Well, I decided some time ago that I *so don't care* about const. =)
>
> regards, frank

I didn't with C++, I was initially happy to see it in D and thought: neat,
another C++ thing that will now be understandable. In my career I
introduced only one subtle bug that constness would have caught, and that
was because I freed a char** in a plugin which I shouldn't have done. But
I'm not sure if const would have caught that anyway. So usually I don't
care about const too. I care more about the fact that Walter's brain needs
to be free to give us more of those nice unique things like scope guards
and the arrays which make D so great :)