Thread safe GUI/ MFC like Approach

BLS nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 30 16:23:09 PST 2007

During my /investigations/ regarding : What GUI do I need to create an
realtime/collaboration IDE I found out that the MS MFC approach is not
that bad.

In case that there is some interest I could add a page to the D WIKI
showing the use of :

CriticalSection/Mutex
Thread Local Storage
CBT (computer based training) Hooks. (in our case, Invoked before
WM_NCCREATE)

together they'll make a thread safe GUI, using common D stuff like :

class Window
{
package :
   static Window[HWND] wndMap; //

etc. The important point is that :

one thread's Window is not present in other threads' HWND-to-wndMap !
Just let me know if this a matter of interest and I'll give it a go
Bjoern
post scriptum
As you can imagine an IDE needs IDLE events to do all the "lookup-work"
most probabely using fibers... so the code can't be agnostic. Means
Tango will be used  ... Ahem, hope I'am not picking on your nerves
'cause of the cross posting.