embedding D in html: practical?

janderson askme at me.com
Fri Feb 2 08:54:24 PST 2007

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> "Ben Hinkle" <Ben_member at pathlink.com> wrote in message
> news:ddnq6a$255k$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>> I'm curious if anyone has been using the D feature of embedding D code in
>> html
>> and if so what are the benefits and problems?
>> It seems to me like a neat idea that hasn't panned out - it doesn't seem
>> practical. Then again I haven't used it except playing around with a file
>> or
>> two.
>
> I think it'd open up some interesting possibilities for IDEs.  It'd be like
> combining the code with the docs - you could insert formatting, images, etc.
> interspersed with the code for docs.

I would like this as well.  I did some research to try and find a free
HTML control that allows you to edit it.  However the only free one
seems to be part of the explorer it self (mozzila and iexplore has one).

It would be great to be able to see images and such while your reading
the code.  You could highlight parts of importance, put things under
headers ect...  Upload it to the Internet.

-Joel