Dynamic class loading

Henrik Eneroth zodiachus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 10:11:04 PST 2007

Pragma wrote:
 > kris wrote:
 >> Will DeVore (Quartz) wrote:
 >>> Just a quick question:
 >>>
 >>> Does anyone know if Dynamic class loading will be added to D in the
relatively near future? And if it is would it follow OSGi's standards?

 >>> -Will.
 >>
 >> Take a look here: http://dsource.org/projects/ddl ?
 >
 > The project is admittedly a bit behind (pre 1.0 support only), but
that's expected to change soon.

 > At a minimum, this demonstrates that the hard parts (loading and
binding of OMF files) are indeed possible; the rest is merely getting up
to speed with the latest symbol mangling and library support in D.

Does dynamic class loading have to be added via libraries a la DDL or
could we somehow threaten Walter until he adds language-level support
for it? :)