Tango ready?

Joseph Bell josephabell at tx.rr.com
Sat Feb 3 16:02:59 PST 2007

I tried downloading tango beta .95 and get it to install both under my
gdc installation and dmd installation.  Both failed miserablly using
lib/install-dmd.sh and lib/install-gdc.sh

 From the dmd installation it bombed here:
gcc -c -O -m32 critical.c -ocritical.o
dmd -c -release -O -inline -version=Posix -w deh2.d -ofdeh2.o
dmd -c -release -O -inline -version=Posix -w dmain2.d -ofdmain2.o
dmd -c -release -O -inline -version=Posix -w genobj.d -ofgenobj.o
dmd: toobj.c:315: virtual void ClassDeclaration::toObjFile(): Assertion
`classinfo->structsize == 0x3C' failed.
make[1]: *** [genobj.o] Aborted
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/tango/lib/compiler/dmd'

 From the gdc installation it never would generate libtango.o in the lib
directory.

Has anyone else successfully installed Tango?

Joe