Tango ready?

Sat Feb 3 17:09:31 PST 2007

Joseph Bell wrote:
> I tried downloading tango beta .95 and get it to install both under my
> gdc installation and dmd installation.  Both failed miserablly using
> lib/install-dmd.sh and lib/install-gdc.sh
>
>  From the dmd installation it bombed here:
> gcc -c -O -m32 critical.c -ocritical.o
> dmd -c -release -O -inline -version=Posix -w deh2.d -ofdeh2.o
> dmd -c -release -O -inline -version=Posix -w dmain2.d -ofdmain2.o
> dmd -c -release -O -inline -version=Posix -w genobj.d -ofgenobj.o
> dmd: toobj.c:315: virtual void ClassDeclaration::toObjFile(): Assertion
> `classinfo->structsize == 0x3C' failed.
> make[1]: *** [genobj.o] Aborted
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/tango/lib/compiler/dmd'

As kris said, the 'object' module for Tango seems to assume DMD 1.004 if
you're using DMD.
You could try commenting out the 'OffsetTypeInfo[] offTi;' line in the
ClassInfo declaration, that seems to be the change that leads to that
assertion. I'm not sure if there were any other significant changes
though. Or you could, you know, upgrade DMD ;).