Will there be dmd.deb?

Henning Hasemann hhasemann at web.de
Tue Feb 6 02:48:54 PST 2007

Hi, first of all, I love D (DMD).
Thats especially true for 1.005, very good work, thanks to everybody involved.

But I wondered why theres no one packaging dmd for debian (or other linux
distributions)?
I then looked into license.txt and saw it clearly disallowes any redistribution.
I think having a packaged version available whould be good for Ds popularity,
as it makes it very easy to "just try it out", and maybe one or the other
stumbles upon this in his package list (I found a lot of cool programs like
this).

So how could that work? Could one get an agreement to just package dmd into debs
and provide them on a website (either an own one or a provided one by
digitalmars).

I whould at least be willing to invest time for packing dmd into .debs
(I dont have any experience in it, but I dont imagine this whould be to hard),
just I cant guarantee to have the time always available when somebody
screems for the latest release to be packaged.

Henning