mixin D code into D code

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Tue Feb 6 12:05:16 PST 2007

Daniel919 wrote:
> Hi, why not use D instead of perl ?

I agree. I don't see any reason to use perl, unless you're using a
pre-existing perl script.

> Walter, about your concerns on malware autors:
> Of course script interpretation within the compile-process could be used for malware.
 > But also the malware could be put into the compiled code itself and
get's started if
 > the app is run. So I think it doesn't make any difference.

At a technical level, you're right. But people don't expect this to be
possible when just the compiler is run, and won't be looking out for it.
I also don't want D compilers to be maligned as vectors for malware,
even if such maligning is undeserved. I don't want D compilers to be
blocked by security conscious administrators.