mixin D code into D code

Pragma ericanderton at yahoo.removeme.com
Wed Feb 7 09:48:31 PST 2007

Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> Either way, allowing the compiler to run potentially dangerous code should at least be optional (however [my] common sense would say that it should be disallowed unless manually enabled). Imagine the problems this would cause with remote compiling systems, for example at ACM contests.

I'm with you on that point.

Take something like DSP: you have an embedded D compiler that is invoked in response to a change in a web-script written
in D. Without being able to specify where these literal imports are coming from, the results could be disastrous.

There should be an option to disable the behavior, and the path searching behavior of the import expression needs to be
well defined.  Ideally, this would involve a separate switch for specifying import paths as distinct from the module
include path (so it can be routed to /dev/null if need be). The last thing we want is people hijacking a server, just
because a compiler was provided under httpd's process (with it's permissions).

--
- EricAnderton at yahoo