compile-time regex redux

Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Feb 7 20:20:43 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) wrote:
>> Walter gave another good case study: Ruby on Rails. The success of
>> Ruby on Rails has a lot to do with its ability to express abstractions
>> that
>> were a complete mess to deal with in concreteland.
>
> I found this essay to be pivotal in piquing my interest in this:
>
> http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html
>
> and a related one:
>
> http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/paulgraham/bbnexcerpts.txt

Awesome. The site could have a section with "external links" pointing to
these articles, as well as SICP (which is also available online at
http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/), The View From Berkeley
(http://view.eecs.berkeley.edu/wiki/Main_Page) and other texts that are
important to grasp in order to understand and shape the future of D.

Andrei