another idea for compile time functions

Reiner Pope xxxx at xxx.xxx
Thu Feb 8 23:10:12 PST 2007

> The question is, what is the subset of D that can be interpreted? I'm
> thinking:
>
> * Basic data types (they will be stored as a dynamically-typed variant
> anyway), except pointers to functions and delegates.
What's wrong with function pointers and delegates? For starters, you
need to support them for user-written foreach's, and (as long as they
are written in an alias-free form) they are const-foldable.

> I'm constructing this list thinking what it takes to write basic data
> manipulation functions. What did I forget?
What about structs? They are a plain old data type, and they don't have
virtual functions. Is there something tricky with them that I'm missing?

Cheers,

Reiner