compile-time regex redux

janderson askme at me.com
Fri Feb 9 08:58:01 PST 2007

> Bill Baxter wrote:
>
> Templates already do that, albeit with a slightly odd syntax. But stay
> tuned, Walter is eyeing $ as the prefix to denote compile-time
> variables, and sure enough, compile-time functions will then emerge
> naturally :o).
>

> Andrei

While its good that Walter is considering compile-time variable.  I
don't see why you need a symbol $ inside a template.  Of course if your
going to use them out side then you do.  I think template code could
look almost the same as normal code, which would make it much more
writable/readable and reusable.

-Joel